Timetable

A general forum about railways for all non - Greek friends. In this place you can use only English language.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

International trains

Δημοσίευσηαπό Outsider » 26 Φεβ 2011, 14:15

Well, as most people apparently alreaydy know, the international trains have been suspended from 13-Feb-2011 until further notice.

Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

Railways of Crete?

Δημοσίευσηαπό Outsider » 19 Μαρ 2011, 16:58

Were there ever railways on Crete? There was once a discussion on the now defunc but still existing interkriti-forum http://www.interkriti.org/cgi-bin/com/f2.cgi?01/7685 where someone suggested that there might have been some 10 km of industrial railway in a stone quarry near Iraklion. Is this true, is there any information (e.g. in the Greek railway books) about it? Also, what is the history of the engine (former SPAP unit, I think) on display at the Iraklion harbour, has it been used on Crete or just brought there as an exhibit, "to show people what a train looks like", as someone suggested?

Άβαταρ μέλους
japetus
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

Railways of Crete?

Δημοσίευσηαπό japetus » 19 Μαρ 2011, 17:40

Take a look at the photos at the post here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1945&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=26

Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

Railways of Crete?

Δημοσίευσηαπό Outsider » 19 Μαρ 2011, 22:43

Thanks, lots of interesting information in the thread! :allrightman:

(If I got it right, the former SPAP engine on display at the Iraklion harbour has not been used there but has been brought there to commemorate the train on Crete?)

Άβαταρ μέλους
Stefan
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.

Link to my Greek railway pictures and two questions

Δημοσίευσηαπό Stefan » 03 Απρ 2011, 19:56

Hello,

it made me very sad to read all the news about the difficult financial situation of Greece and the bad situation of OSE.
The suspension of the Peloponnese network is a big pity. Since 1997 I visited this very very beautiful network several times.

Now I’m scanning my old photos and I want to invite you to visit my photos at http://www.achtungtram.de/fotos_gr2.htm. From time to time I will update this page when I have scanned more pictures.

I’m planning my next trip to Greece for the end of this month and for this reason I have some questions. I hope you can help me:

Are there any freight trains on the main line Athina - Thessaloniki?

Is there any schedule for the moving of the MAN-narrow gauge trains from Ag. Anargiri to Pireas? Or asked on another way :wink: : We are planning to be in Athina from 22 April on. Is there any chance to see still some MANs at Ag. Anargiri?

Thanks and best regards from Munich,
Stefan

Άβαταρ μέλους
nfotis
Σταθμάρχης
Σταθμάρχης

Δημοσίευσηαπό nfotis » 04 Απρ 2011, 01:17

Welcome to the forum!

In the mainline Athens-Thessaloniki, normally there are at least 2-3 freight trains (but not on the whole length of the route).

Usually, these days there is a scrap train going/leaving Velestino (in the Vólos branch), and a pair of night freight trains between Athens-Thessaloniki.
These are not a guaranteed traffic, though.

Much more freight traffic originates or ends at Thessaloniki, which could be declared the rail capital of Greece.

I hope that the forum experts will be able to shed more light on the rail freight situation.

Regards,
N.F.
High speed, high quality, low cost - select any two.

Up hill slow, down hill fast, tonnage first, safety last.

The optimist sees the light at the tunnel. Pessimist sees the darkness. Realist sees the train. Train driver sees three idiots on the track

Άβαταρ μέλους
Tsako
Webmaster
Webmaster

Δημοσίευσηαπό Tsako » 04 Απρ 2011, 01:23

And about the MAN trains...
Right now (these days), they are moving all narrow gauge trains from Ag. Anargiroi to the Pireas factory.

Welcome in Amnizia and by the way... good site man. :wink:

Άβαταρ μέλους
Stefan
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.

Δημοσίευσηαπό Stefan » 04 Απρ 2011, 20:02

Hi,

thanks for the fast answers and the welcome!
Okay, let's wait for the forum experts :allrightman:

"Tsako":2bmi30lg έγραψε:And about the MAN trains...
Right now (these days), they are moving all narrow gauge trains from Ag. Anargiroi to the Pireas factory.
So, i will be to late :-( What a pity! But good on the other hand, because they won't get more graffiti when they go fast to Pireas... :allrightman: :occasion:

Best regards from Germany,
Stefan

Άβαταρ μέλους
ΜΑΝΤΖΙΟΣ ΓΙΩΡΓΟΣ
Staff
Staff

Δημοσίευσηαπό ΜΑΝΤΖΙΟΣ ΓΙΩΡΓΟΣ » 04 Απρ 2011, 20:24

"Stefan":1exvjibe έγραψε:Hi,

thanks for the fast answers and the welcome!
Okay, let's wait for the forum experts :allrightman:

"Tsako":1exvjibe έγραψε:And about the MAN trains...
So, i will be to late :-( What a pity! But good on the other hand, because they won't get more graffiti when they go fast to Pireas... :allrightman: :occasion:

Best regards from Germany,
Stefan

Only 2 vehicles per day and they are about 30 in Ag.Anargyroi...
ΑΛΛΟΣ ΓΙΑ ΤΙΘΟΔΟΜΟΚΟ ΜΕ ΜΥΛΟΔΙΑΒΟΛΙΤΣΙ
ΚΑΙ ΑΛΛΟΣ ΣΤΟΥ ΝΕΣΤΟΥ ΤΑ ΣΤΕΝΑ,ΣΤΗΣ ΕΔΕΣΣΑΣ ΤΑ ΥΨΗ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhgHrDbN4EU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl-QVxHIq6o
http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/tr_prr6184.jpg

Άβαταρ μέλους
fisherman
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

Δημοσίευσηαπό fisherman » 14 Απρ 2011, 18:58

Hello Stefan!

If you go to Ag. Anargiroi depot on 22nd April you will find a few MAN-4s and ALCos there but you won't see them being carried to Pireas.

Άβαταρ μέλους
Stefan
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.

Δημοσίευσηαπό Stefan » 14 Απρ 2011, 19:19

"fisherman":34r7zqma έγραψε:Hello Stefan!

If you go to Ag. Anargiroi depot on 22nd April you will find a few MAN-4s and ALCos there but you won't see them being carried to Pireas.

Hello!

Yes, I assumed it because of the easter holidays...
I will be in Athina till 27 April. Maybe I can see them being carried on Tuesday 26 or Wednesday 27? Do you know something detailed?

Best regards,
Stefan

Άβαταρ μέλους
Stefan
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.

Δημοσίευσηαπό Stefan » 24 Μάιος 2011, 21:05

Hello everybody!

Who is interested in pictures and videos I took in Greece during easter? Here they are: http://www.achtungtram.de/fotos_gr/gr2011-1.htm
Have fun!

Best regards from Munich,

Stefan

Άβαταρ μέλους
kiriakos
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

Δημοσίευσηαπό kiriakos » 24 Μάιος 2011, 23:42

Very interesting pictures. I admire you for your motivation to come for train photos to Greece, a country with so few trains.
I wish you had come in 80s and 90s, so much more rolling stock and some wonderful places abandoned now.
Anyway thanks for sharing your pictures.
Κυριάκος

Άβαταρ μέλους
Ιάσονας Ζ.
Προϊστάμενος
Προϊστάμενος

Δημοσίευσηαπό Ιάσονας Ζ. » 09 Ιουν 2011, 20:11

"Stefan":1ztvpx3x έγραψε:Hello everybody!

Who is interested in pictures and videos I took in Greece during easter? Here they are: http://www.achtungtram.de/fotos_gr/gr2011-1.htm
Have fun!

Best regards from Munich,

Stefan

Very nice photos Stefan with excellent atmosphere :allrightman: for these sad days :largecry: ... I like very much the photo with wet Λβ 958 in Tithorea... :allrightman: :allrightman:
Εικόνα

Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

News about Hellenic Railways Organisation and TrainOSE

Δημοσίευσηαπό Outsider » 10 Αύγ 2011, 01:32

An article about economic results of OSE and TrainOSE in Athens News: http://www.athensnews.gr/portal/1/45967

A senior transport ministry official on Tuesday revealed that Greece's debt-ridden Hellenic Railways Organisation (OSE) has recorded an operating surplus of 3.0 million euro in the first half of 2011, the first operating surplus since the company was founded.

Train operator TRAINOSE, an OSE subsidiary, had also managed to reduce its deficit in July to 1.7 million euro, down from 20 million euro in January.

The figures were announced by infrastructure, transport and networks ministry general secretary Haris Tsiokas during a visit to northern Greece railway facilities in Thessaloniki, where he was accompanied by a TRAINOSE team.

Tsiokas noted that OSE's debts in 2009 had reached 11 billion euro and that it generated an annual deficit of 1.2 billion euro. Based on the provisions of the EU-IMF Memorandum, the company was scheduled to become profitable by the end of the current year.

Επιστροφή στο ευρετήριο

Επιστροφή σε “English Section”

Μέλη σε σύνδεση

Μέλη σε αυτήν τη Δ. Συζήτηση: Δεν υπάρχουν εγγεγραμμένα μέλη και 1 επισκέπτης

ypomnhma