Timetable

A general forum about railways for all non - Greek friends. In this place you can use only English language.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Negrelli
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.

Timetable

Δημοσίευσηαπό Negrelli » 24 Ιουν 2009, 22:20

I need timetable (Can you help me?):

Korinthos - Tripoli - Korinthos
Nafplio - Argos - Nafplio
Argos - Korinthos - Argos
Inoi - Chalkida - Inoi
Plati - Kozani - Plati
Diakopto - Kalavrita (timetable on working days and on the weekend)

and if museum railway in Platamonas is open in Juli from monday to friday.

I have last question. Exist the railway from Paleofarsalos to Velestino?

Άβαταρ μέλους
Marios Mitropoulos
Μηχανοδηγός
Μηχανοδηγός

Timetable

Δημοσίευσηαπό Marios Mitropoulos » 24 Ιουν 2009, 22:51

Hello Negrelli and welcome to Amnizia!

The first 4 services do NOT have regular traffic, yet... Greece is not a pro-rail country...

Plati - Kozani - Plati:
Θεσσαλονικη-Κοζανη[train change at Αμύνταιο]
06.18 - 11.12 - 15.11

Κοζάνη-Θεσσαλονίκη [train change at Αμύνταιο]
09.26 - 14.38 - 19.03

Diakopto - Kalavrita (timetable on working days and on the weekend):
Διακοπτό-Καλάβρυτα
06.30 - 08.54* - 11.30* - 14.13*

Καλάβρυτα-Διακοπτό
07.42 - 10.06* - 12.42* - 16.23*
Those marked with (*) occur only sat and sun.

The line Palaiofarsalos - Velestino exists and is still of metric gauge, but not regular traffic occurs there either. But there are some tours (NOT by OSE/TrainOSE) with a Linke-Hoffman preserved DMU from time to time. I suppose someone else here can provide you with more info about the services there.

As you can see, the train services in Greece are nothing but a bad joke, the density is appaling. Anyway, I hope you will enjoy your stay in Greece.
Rollin´ on the tracks of time...

"Το κάθε πέρυσι και καλύτερα δεν ισχύει.
Απλά τώρα είναι το ίδιο χειρότερα...."

It is not economy I fear of, it is the so-called economists.

Άβαταρ μέλους
Negrelli
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.

Timetable

Δημοσίευσηαπό Negrelli » 26 Ιουν 2009, 14:16

Thank you very much for your answer to services.

Departure is from website OSE. But last year I have seen official version different in station from websites.

This year is the same. For example:
On the forum is a copy of timetable
http://www.Amnizia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1832&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=90
http://www.Amnizia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1859&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=600

Which version is valid? Forum or websites OSE?

Άβαταρ μέλους
Elias
Μηχανοστασιάρχης
Μηχανοστασιάρχης

Timetable

Δημοσίευσηαπό Elias » 26 Ιουν 2009, 14:27

"Negrelli":f6ie94xd έγραψε:Thank you very much for your answer to services.

Departure is from website OSE. But last year I have seen official version different in station from websites.

funny as it may look, you can trust the forum better than the official OSE site :lol22:

cheers :occasion:
Too old to Inter, too young to rail

Άβαταρ μέλους
tasos-spap
Μηχανοδηγός
Μηχανοδηγός
Επικοινωνία:

Timetable

Δημοσίευσηαπό tasos-spap » 24 Ιούλ 2009, 13:13

we are much more reliable than ose
Ποτέ σου μη περιφρονείς τα κάτω σκαλοπάτια,
γιατί αυτά πρωτοπατείς και φτάνεις στα παλάτια

Μάθε να ακούς.... Θα μάθεις πολλά!

Άβαταρ μέλους
ALCoGMNάνι
Σταθμάρχης
Σταθμάρχης

Timetable

Δημοσίευσηαπό ALCoGMNάνι » 24 Ιούλ 2009, 14:24

"Negrelli":1cbtvfxk έγραψε:Thank you very much for your answer to services.

Trust us.....I'm the person which makes the OSE changes timetable for Amnizia Website...
If you need further information just send me pm,i will be delighted to help you!
Ένα τσιγάρο σου χει μείνει να καπνίσεις,δεν έχει αλλού,δεν έχει αλλιώς ΜΟΝΟ ΕΔΩ...

Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

Timetable

Δημοσίευσηαπό Outsider » 23 Σεπ 2009, 16:35

How can I enter e.g. 'Athens' or 'Kalamata' (and likely some other such small, insignificant stations as well :wink: ) in the TrainOSE on-line timetable? Typing 'A' or 'K' does not suggest those stations, it does not recognize those if entered as complete words, neither have I managed to figure out any other way to accomplish this :wallbash:

Well, in fact, it seems to suggest and find Αθήνα and Καλαμάτα, and probably other Greek names as well, if Greek language is selected and Greek alphabets are used! However, a number of other stations are found with English names as well, irrespective of language selection. There might still be some additional subtle details :wink:

Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

The book \"Οι Ελληνικοί Σιδηρόδρομοι\"

Δημοσίευσηαπό Outsider » 30 Σεπ 2009, 21:50

The book Οι Ελληνικοί Σιδηρόδρομοι (Hellenic Railways) by Zartaloudis, D. Karatolos, D. Koutelidis, G. Nathenas, S. Fasoulas, A. Filippoupolitis, A., published by Militos 1977, ISBN 960-8460-07-7 seems to be available nowhere, apparently out of print. Is there a newer edition of this book? If not, is it expected there will be?

Άβαταρ μέλους
nfotis
Σταθμάρχης
Σταθμάρχης

The book \"Οι Ελληνικοί Σιδηρόδρομοι\"

Δημοσίευσηαπό nfotis » 01 Οκτ 2009, 12:04

Hello there,

this book is extremely hard to find (perhaps used), it has started being rare 5-6 years ago.

Nobody knows if Militos will (and when) make a reprint of it.

There were rumours about an English edition, but nothing came of it, as far as I know.

Regards,
N.F.
High speed, high quality, low cost - select any two.

Up hill slow, down hill fast, tonnage first, safety last.

The optimist sees the light at the tunnel. Pessimist sees the darkness. Realist sees the train. Train driver sees three idiots on the track

Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

Photographing railways in Greece

Δημοσίευσηαπό Outsider » 14 Οκτ 2009, 16:47

Could somebody clarify the issue of photographing railways in Greece! I have understood it's forbidden or restricted in Greece to take photos of railroads. On the other hand, what I have experienced, nobody has intervened, been interested or even paid much attention. (Well, except in one case, when a staff member in Kyparissia station made a blizzard of questions about what I was doing, when photographing the old person scale inside the station building :roll: . Always like this, the most dangerous thing is to take photos of static exhibits :wink: .) So, what are the rules, practice ... and penalties? :roll:

I see there's intense debate about the subject in the Greek section; unfortunately I cannot understand much Greek.

Άβαταρ μέλους
sv1xv
Μηχανοστασιάρχης
Μηχανοστασιάρχης
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευσηαπό sv1xv » 14 Οκτ 2009, 16:58

It is a complicated situation. Two years ago some senior OSE employees tricked the general manager to sign a general prohibition on photography on the eve of his replacement and departure. Then they promptly distributed this decision to all stations.

Railfans reacted and referred this decision to the Parliament, the Ministry of Transportation and to the Citizen's Ombudsman. The new manager was forced to sign a new circular and cancel the prohibition. However they did not communicate the new decision to the stations, so OSE personnel behave as they feel inclined at the moment, sometimes not paying any attention and other times verbally attacking the photographer and even calling the police.
:evil: The Internet is the best place to make new enemies.

Άβαταρ μέλους
Elias
Μηχανοστασιάρχης
Μηχανοστασιάρχης

Δημοσίευσηαπό Elias » 14 Οκτ 2009, 17:00

"Outsider":1bp3x772 έγραψε:[...]
I see there's intense debate about the subject in the Greek section; unfortunately I cannot understand much Greek.

Lucky you! :lol22:

In theory !

Photographers were banned from OSE (as well as ISAP) premises and public areas, this frensic started during the Olympic games of 2004, for "Security" reasons :roll:

OSE continued to "chase" phtographers, using their - outsourced - security employees and many, err, intense conversations have been exchanged between members of this forum and these guys.

We have managed obtain from the Greek Ombudsman a resolution, according to which photography IS and MUST be allowed in areas with public access, that is station platforms etc.

For other areas, not accessible by the public (depots, turntables, engine sheds), understandably we need special permission.

Still, some OSE staff continue to be a pain in the arse when they see someone with a camera at hand.

:bash:

Here is the resolution from the Ombudsman

http://www.synigoros.gr/pdf_01/6732_1_trainspotting.pdf

Άβαταρ μέλους
ingenius
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

Δημοσίευσηαπό ingenius » 14 Οκτ 2009, 21:00

And Elias don`t forget to mention our recent photographic experience at Tripolis rail station! :roll:
Actually an OSE employee hurled abuse against us while we were taking photos there... :bash:
Registered since 2007!

So geht es nun einmal
auf der Reise hienieden.
Einer nach dem anderen steigt aus, und der Zug saust weiter,
bis die Station kommt,
wo man selber aussteigen muß.

Wilhelm Busch

Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

Δημοσίευσηαπό Outsider » 15 Οκτ 2009, 10:48

"Elias":1h1tmx5g έγραψε:For other areas, not accessible by the public (depots, turntables, engine sheds), understandably we need special permission.
Yes, of course. What about railway areas in general (railway lines, trainyards, etc.), is there a general ban (as in my country) to enter those without permission? Of course, this is very much a safety issue but in some cases, in some almost disused parts of the network, it may appear disproportionate and an excuse to intervene.

Άβαταρ μέλους
Elias
Μηχανοστασιάρχης
Μηχανοστασιάρχης

Δημοσίευσηαπό Elias » 15 Οκτ 2009, 11:32

"Outsider":192p6tv8 έγραψε:
"Elias":192p6tv8 έγραψε:For other areas, not accessible by the public (depots, turntables, engine sheds), understandably we need special permission.
Yes, of course. What about railway areas in general (railway lines, trainyards, etc.), is there a general ban (as in my country) to enter those without permission? Of course, this is very much a safety issue but in some cases, in some almost disused parts of the network, it may appear disproportionate and an excuse to intervene.

Trainyards are not accessible. I don't think there is an issue with railway lines which can be photographed from the sides (or any bridges/viaducts).

If you plan on photographing in Greece, a) Stay on the public areas and b) Make sure you have that resolution I gave on my previous post

:occasion: :occasion:

Επιστροφή στο ευρετήριο

Επιστροφή σε “English Section”

Μέλη σε σύνδεση

Μέλη σε αυτήν τη Δ. Συζήτηση: Δεν υπάρχουν εγγεγραμμένα μέλη και 1 επισκέπτης

ypomnhma