Foreign railway networks

A general forum about railways for all non - Greek friends. In this place you can use only English language.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Subcouds
Προϊστάμενος
Προϊστάμενος

Hello from Switzerland

Δημοσίευσηαπό Subcouds » 30 Μαρ 2010, 21:24

Fantastic!Many years front of us!Welcome to Amnizia forum :occasion: :occasion: :occasion:
We need information about the diesel shunter at Tripolis.You transfered from Switzerland?
Εικόνα

Άβαταρ μέλους
dieselcrew
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.

Hello from Switzerland

Δημοσίευσηαπό dieselcrew » 30 Μαρ 2010, 22:34

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Our diesel shunter in Tripolis can be seen here:
viewtopic.php?p=165896#p165896

Our tourist railway line is closed from October to June because of the winterly conditions (snow, danger of avalanches). We were asked by the Switzerland based rail maintenance company 'SPENO' to lend out our diesel shunter 'Tm 92' (formerly owned by 'Rhaetian Railways' / 'Rhätische Bahn') during our winter closure. It should be used out of Tripoli with a fire fighting train when rails are being grinded.

The 'Tm 92' was sent to Greece by road transport in early February and it will return to us after some months by the same way.

As an attachment, you can see two pictures of 'Tm 92' at our tourist railway 'Dampfbahn Furka-Bergstrecke'.

Άβαταρ μέλους
Elias
Μηχανοστασιάρχης
Μηχανοστασιάρχης

Hello from Switzerland

Δημοσίευσηαπό Elias » 30 Μαρ 2010, 22:48

Interesting. We were actually wondering where this little shunter came from.

Thanks for the info and keep up the good work in Furka bahn!!!

I have been to Gletch, seen the little station and gone up the Furka pass with motorbike - superb. I saw a works train on the track.

Welcome to Amnizia and keep posting mate
:occasion: :occasion: :occasion: :occasion:
Too old to Inter, too young to rail

Άβαταρ μέλους
erail
Μηχανοστασιάρχης
Μηχανοστασιάρχης

Hello from Switzerland

Δημοσίευσηαπό erail » 31 Μαρ 2010, 11:01

Hello, and welcome to our forum!

Me too, I have visited by bike your railway three times and my desktop at work is covered of little things that I bought from your tourist shop at Gletch! I am a great admirer of your railway but mostly of your successful effort that keeps it alive and working!

Our metre gauge lines are in deep trouble here. Any advise, suggestions or ideas from you guys are more than welcome!

Let me know when the traktor is going back to go and hide in it... :mrgreen:
Γκααα!

Γ. Χαζάπης
σιδηροδρομόφιλος, ΟΧΙ μπετατζής...
Σώστε τη ΣΠΑΠ!
Διασώστε τη γοητεία του σιδηροδρόμου.

Reset στο κράτος.

Άβαταρ μέλους
dieselcrew
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.

Hello from Switzerland

Δημοσίευσηαπό dieselcrew » 31 Μαρ 2010, 17:12

How remarkable to meet fans of our railway in this forum!

Some members of the 'dieselcrew' are interested in the Greek (narrow gauge) railways and they started in the year 2000 a tradition by visiting the Peloponnese railway network. You will find a travelogue with pictures here (unfortunately only in German language - you may use any online translator like Google language tools): http://www.dieselcrew.ch/gr/gr.html

Next month (April 2010) we want to return to Greece for this year's edition of our "dieselcrew-tour". See also my other posting with some questions.

@erail

I believe it is very difficult to give you good advice about the metre gauge lines from distant Switzerland. Maybe we can gain some impressions on our trip.

At our railway, the 'Dampfbahn Furka-Bergstrecke' it took about 29 years to reach the status that we have today. At the beginning, the founders were often called crackpots or fools. Later, the public opinion changed slowly with every small success we achieved: now our railway is a respected and recognized tourist attraction.
Perseverance is our main key factor for our success. Otherwise it wouldn't be possible to run a tourist railway only with volunteers and without public funding.

I have enclosed a picture of the road transport to Greece to give you an impression of the travel convenience as you want to travel to Switzerland inside our shunter 'Tm 92' :bring:

Άβαταρ μέλους
Andreas
Προϊστάμενος
Προϊστάμενος

Hello from Switzerland

Δημοσίευσηαπό Andreas » 31 Μαρ 2010, 17:58

Hello Dieselcrew!

nice to see also some Swiss guys here! Two weeks ago I was in Goeschenen and I took some pictures of the rolling stock of the DFB covered with snow! I would like to do the trip over the Furka pass maybe this summer as I am not living so far away!

Please keep us informed about your undertakings.

Uf wyter lueke!
Grüezi us'em Rhytal!

Andreas
Εικόνα

Άβαταρ μέλους
dieselcrew
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.

Hello from Switzerland

Δημοσίευσηαπό dieselcrew » 31 Μαρ 2010, 19:10

Pictures of our diesel shunter 'Tm 92' at Tripoli

The 'dieselcrew' invites everybody to send us pictures of our diesel shunter 'Tm 92' that is right now based at Tripoli. We need pictures to document its service in Greece. As we learned from 'SPENO', the 'Tm 92' is right now not in use - so pictures with the shunter parked at Tripoli station are also very welcome. If you catch it while driving around, your pictures are even more valuable for us.

Of course, the pictures will only be published with the name of the photographer! As an incentive, we will award the best pictures with a special gift from our railway. If you have any pictures, send me a pm and I will give you my e-mail address to send the pictures without data size restrictions.

Άβαταρ μέλους
sv1xv
Μηχανοστασιάρχης
Μηχανοστασιάρχης
Επικοινωνία:

Hello from Switzerland

Δημοσίευσηαπό sv1xv » 06 Απρ 2010, 12:04

See this image which I uploaded yesterday on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/26137102@N08/4493287785/. I have a few more, taken on April 2 and April 5 at Tripolis station.

--EDIT--
I also created a gallery on fotopic.net, see http://cyborg.fotopic.net/c1834165.html.
:evil: The Internet is the best place to make new enemies.

Άβαταρ μέλους
dieselcrew
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.

Hello from Switzerland

Δημοσίευσηαπό dieselcrew » 15 Απρ 2010, 11:49

I would like to inform you, that our diesel shunter is now in use:

The 'Tm 92' left Tripoli on its own wheels on April 13 in the morning. After a 3 hours ride, it arrived at Zevgolatio where it is based now. Last night, it left Zevgolatio at 19:00 in direction of Kalamata. It turned at a certain point between the stations of Valyra and Platy and arrived this morning at 04:00 again in Zevgolatio.

These informations are based on signals of a GPS tracking unit that is installed on the 'Tm 92'.

Άβαταρ μέλους
Marios Mitropoulos
Μηχανοδηγός
Μηχανοδηγός

Hello from Switzerland

Δημοσίευσηαπό Marios Mitropoulos » 15 Απρ 2010, 12:18

Thanks for the update! :allrightman:

GPS?
That would be like 'high-energy particle physics' for OSE! :mrgreen: :lol22:

:occasion: :occasion:
Rollin´ on the tracks of time...

"Το κάθε πέρυσι και καλύτερα δεν ισχύει.
Απλά τώρα είναι το ίδιο χειρότερα...."

It is not economy I fear of, it is the so-called economists.

Άβαταρ μέλους
dieselcrew
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.

Hello from Switzerland

Δημοσίευσηαπό dieselcrew » 16 Μάιος 2010, 00:01

On May 11, our shunter 'Tm 92' returned to Tripoli and has not been moved since then.

According to recent information by the renter, it is planned to bring back 'Tm 92' to Switzerland soon. As far as we know, the return transport starts on May 24.

Was anyone able to take pictures of 'Tm 92' being en route on duty?

Άβαταρ μέλους
Can

Hello from Bulgaria

Δημοσίευσηαπό Can » 27 Μάιος 2010, 16:08

Hello again from Bulgaria :) I hope you have experienced unforgettable moments of your trip here. I want to tell you that you can now download video of the journey from here: http://www.media.railwaymodeling.com/
I want to share with you a small series of photos titled go go go :wink:

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

More pictures coming soon from Yoli.
Greetings all :)
Tsvetan Kaludov

Άβαταρ μέλους
nfotis
Σταθμάρχης
Σταθμάρχης

Hello from Bulgaria

Δημοσίευσηαπό nfotis » 27 Μάιος 2010, 17:18

Hahahaha :lol22: :lol22:

These photos show the real intensity of the fellow photographers.

Like photoreporter-commandos running for their next position...

"go, GO, GO!, GO!"

Next time I hope to be in this running group as well
(my dSLR is still confiscated, though :roll: )

Cheers,
N.F.
High speed, high quality, low cost - select any two.

Up hill slow, down hill fast, tonnage first, safety last.

The optimist sees the light at the tunnel. Pessimist sees the darkness. Realist sees the train. Train driver sees three idiots on the track

Άβαταρ μέλους
ΜΠΑΚΙΡΤΖΗΣ ΔΗΜΗΤΡΗΣ
Σταθμάρχης
Σταθμάρχης

Hello from Bulgaria

Δημοσίευσηαπό ΜΠΑΚΙΡΤΖΗΣ ΔΗΜΗΤΡΗΣ » 27 Μάιος 2010, 19:07

Ηι Can thank you, very good photos, I am the one with the orange T shirt......go go go!!!!! :allrightman: :allrightman: :lol22: :lol22: :lol22:

See you next time, wishing for better light...for landscape frames... :wink:
Αρκεί να μη δημιουργήσουμε ξανά ένα αναξιοκρατικό μόρφωμα.....

Αξιοκρατία - Διαφάνεια - Ειλικρίνεια - Ευθύτητα - Αισιοδοξία

My flickr___ My Wix___ RailPictures

nullius in verba

Άβαταρ μέλους
Nikos
Σταθμάρχης
Σταθμάρχης
Επικοινωνία:

Hello from Bulgaria

Δημοσίευσηαπό Nikos » 27 Μάιος 2010, 20:08

Hello, Tsvetan !!!

One more time, you have an amazing video, with magnificent scenes. You are very big artists :master: :master: :master:
We lived, unbelievable moments with your beautiful steam loco and congratulation to those people which rebuild it.

We are looking forward, for the next trip in your beautiful country with your beautiful trains

A lot of pictures, you can find here and here

Best regards to all guys :occasion:

The DIRECTOR :allrightman:
Εικόνα
My pictures at Railpictures, Flickr and Railscapes.NET
Εικόνα

Επιστροφή στο ευρετήριο

Επιστροφή σε “English Section”

Μέλη σε σύνδεση

Μέλη σε αυτήν τη Δ. Συζήτηση: Δεν υπάρχουν εγγεγραμμένα μέλη και 2 επισκέπτες

ypomnhma