The metric line from Ag. Anargyroi to Peloponnese

A general forum about railways for all non - Greek friends. In this place you can use only English language.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Levente
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.

Peloponnese network and services

Δημοσίευσηαπό Levente » 18 Φεβ 2010, 17:30

Huh, no so good news...

But from Athina to Kiato, are there still the suburban trains? In the timetable i've just read that trains operate in every hour on the lien Peireas-Athina-Korinthos-Kiato.

What would you say when will operate again Tripoli-Kalamata line?

Another question: if there is transport again on the line Lianokladi-Stilída, does it mean that trains to Lamía go further, to Stilída?

Thanks!

Άβαταρ μέλους
Levente
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.
Φύλακας Ι.Δ.

Δημοσίευσηαπό Levente » 18 Φεβ 2010, 17:40

And what about Agii Theodori? A have an older map where railway station is relatively in the town centre. Now, when track have been renovated, is there any change in the situation of the station? Maybe, does anybody have a map with the recent changes on the Athina-Mégara-Ag.Theodori-Korinthos-Kiato line? It would be really necessary! Thanks you!

Άβαταρ μέλους
PanosN
Προϊστάμενος
Προϊστάμενος

Δημοσίευσηαπό PanosN » 18 Φεβ 2010, 17:49

if there is transport again on the line Lianokladi-Stilída, does it mean that trains to Lamía go further, to Stilída?

Yep!
ante geiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....................

Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

Δημοσίευσηαπό Outsider » 20 Φεβ 2010, 19:04

"Levente":1x2xz6h8 έγραψε:And what about Agii Theodori? A have an older map where railway station is relatively in the town centre. Now, when track have been renovated, is there any change in the situation of the station? Maybe, does anybody have a map with the recent changes on the Athina-Mégara-Ag.Theodori-Korinthos-Kiato line? It would be really necessary! Thanks you!

Here http://www.bueker.net/trainspotting/maps_greece.php you can download a reasonably up-to-date map of the Greek railway network. It's not detailed enough to look at individual stations, and I don't know the situation in Agii Theodori, try Google satellite imagenery? (Some of the 'projected' lines in the map are perhaps a bit speculative, I wouldn't expect Kalambaka - Ioannina - Igoumenitsa line very soon :roll: )

Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

Δημοσίευσηαπό Outsider » 20 Απρ 2010, 16:34

Well, what's the current situation with Diakofto - Patra, is the line still open and services running? This is the latest I have seen:

Η ΤΡΑΙΝΟΣΕ Α.Ε. ενημερώνει ότι από την Κυριακή 27 Σεπτεμβρίου 2009 και μέχρι νεωτέρας τα δρομολόγια στη γραμμή ΔΙΑΚΟΦΤΟ – ΠΑΤΡΑ θα πραγματοποιούνται κανονικά, αφού αίρεται η πρότερη διακοπή της κυκλοφορίας.

Στο τμήμα ΚΙΑΤΟ – ΔΙΑΚΟΦΤΟ συνεχίζει η αναστολή της κυκλοφορίας των τρένων και τα δρομολόγια εξακολουθούν να γίνονται από λεωφορεία, όπως άλλωστε ενημέρωνε η ΤΡΑΙΝΟΣΕ Α.Ε. με το από 11 Αυγούστου δελτίο τύπου της.

Για περισσότερες πληροφορίες το επιβατικό κοινό μπορεί να επικοινωνεί με το Κέντρο Εξυπηρέτησης Πελατών στον τετραψήφιο αριθμό 1110 ή με τους κατά τόπους σταθμούς.

I know some works are ongoing already as far as Egio but have they cut the metre gauge line?

Άβαταρ μέλους
pindos10
Staff
Staff
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευσηαπό pindos10 » 20 Απρ 2010, 22:10

Ηello Outsider. You can see, in this topic below, the progress of works from Kiato to Egio. The metre gauge line has been cut long time ago.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2835

Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

Δημοσίευσηαπό Outsider » 21 Απρ 2010, 16:59

"pindos10":1la4i1vl έγραψε:Ηello Outsider. You can see, in this topic below, the progress of works from Kiato to Egio. The metre gauge line has been cut long time ago.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2835

Yes, I saw the photoreport already earlier, very nice and extensive, but after all it's difficult to see in the photos the state of the old line in Egio, or past Diakofto in genaral - unless you know in advance where it should have been :wink:

Strange if OSE haven't made any new announcement about closing the line - maybe I have just missed it.

Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

Δημοσίευσηαπό Outsider » 06 Μάιος 2010, 15:50

Well, when was the local train service (i.e. Κοινή αμαξοστοιχία, the trains with 4-digit train numbers) closed down in the section north of Patras? Was it connected to the ‘normalization’ of Athens – Corinth – Kiato, or already earlier? And why such a decision was made, isn’t this area quite densely populated, large villages almost side by side?

Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

Δημοσίευσηαπό Outsider » 25 Ιουν 2010, 22:45

"pindos10":2xccg0ra έγραψε:Ηello Outsider. You can see, in this topic below, the progress of works from Kiato to Egio. The metre gauge line has been cut long time ago.
http://www.Amnizia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2835

Seems there was a small misunderstanding: I asked about Diakofto - Patra and at least according to the posts here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2728&start=180 it is still executed by trains. Only Kiato - Diakofto closed. Hope I got it now right :wink:

Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

Δημοσίευσηαπό Outsider » 17 Οκτ 2010, 18:52

"sv1xv":2bg218fk έγραψε:This is at Kineta: the metre gauge line joins the new line and it becomes dual gauge until Kakia Skala.

This is the place I meant (sorry for reflections in the photo taken through window), from Kineta towards Megara:

Εικόνα

Certainly some tracks had been lifted from this section! So, is all this abandoned line and the metric line goes on the new dual gauge line? I had thought dual gauge was used where the standard gauge line goes along the old line! :-?

Άβαταρ μέλους
homo faber
Προϊστάμενος
Προϊστάμενος

Δημοσίευσηαπό homo faber » 26 Οκτ 2010, 22:47

Abandoned is only a short section of the old metric line in Kineta about 1km in length.
Εικόνα

Άβαταρ μέλους
ALCoGMNάνι
Σταθμάρχης
Σταθμάρχης

Δημοσίευσηαπό ALCoGMNάνι » 26 Οκτ 2010, 23:36

Yeah,homo is right...In this part the metric line it coincides with the new standrad gauge line[but only in one way[coming from Korinthos to Athens] in the other ilne is just and only standard not combined gauge :wink:
Ένα τσιγάρο σου χει μείνει να καπνίσεις,δεν έχει αλλού,δεν έχει αλλιώς ΜΟΝΟ ΕΔΩ...

Άβαταρ μέλους
Andreas
Προϊστάμενος
Προϊστάμενος

Δημοσίευσηαπό Andreas » 26 Οκτ 2010, 23:50

Εικόνα

Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

Δημοσίευσηαπό Outsider » 27 Οκτ 2010, 01:13

"homo faber":88wo79ek έγραψε:Abandoned is only a short section of the old metric line in Kineta about 1km in length.

Still I don't fully understand: you are saying that there is only 1 km of abandoned line but sv1xv writes that it is dual gauge until Kakia Skala and if I remember right, the old metric runs alongside the new line much longer than 1 km :-?

Άβαταρ μέλους
PanosN
Προϊστάμενος
Προϊστάμενος

Δημοσίευσηαπό PanosN » 27 Οκτ 2010, 01:16

The dual gauge part is about 5 kilometres (between Kakia Skala and Kineta). So 5 or more kilometres are abandoned... :wink:
ante geiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....................

Επιστροφή στο ευρετήριο

Επιστροφή σε “English Section”

Μέλη σε σύνδεση

Μέλη σε αυτήν τη Δ. Συζήτηση: Δεν υπάρχουν εγγεγραμμένα μέλη και 1 επισκέπτης

ypomnhma