Hellenic rolling stock

A general forum about railways for all non - Greek friends. In this place you can use only English language.
Άβαταρ μέλους
tkautzor

Hellenic rolling stock

Δημοσίευσηαπό tkautzor » 17 Μαρ 2010, 19:32

Special Trains

Hello,

I just joined Amnizia after having taken part in the latest SFS special trains around Volos on March 6/7 (Ano Lechonia-Milies & Velestino-Aerino). I would like to take the opportunity to thank all those involved for making us feel so welcome.

Now that I have had a taste of Greek railways, I just can't wait to get more. I therefore wanted to ask if any special trains are planned in the near future (I have heard of the Bulgaria trip in May)?

While my main interest is the narrow gauge, I would be interested in any excursion on the Peleponnese lines, but I also like big U.S. diesels, especially if they make a lot of noise and smoke (something we don't get here in Switzerland, where everything is very clean and electrified).

As I am not very knowledgeable about the current OSE standard gauge museum fleet, could anyone please correct the following list:

NBL 2-8-0 Lb.964 - Drama;
Alco A.302 - Drama;
Alco A.325 - Agios Ioannis Rentis;
Alco A.326 - Thessaloniki;
Alsthom A.367 - Alexandroupolis;
Fiat railcar AA.32 - Alexandroupolis.

Are all of these presently serviceable?

Best regards, Thomas.

Άβαταρ μέλους
alsthom
Webmaster
Webmaster

Special Trains

Δημοσίευσηαπό alsthom » 17 Μαρ 2010, 22:42

"tkautzor":1u0n59lg έγραψε:Hello,

I just joined Amnizia after having taken part in the latest SFS special trains around Volos on March 6/7 (Ano Lechonia-Milies & Velestino-Aerino). I would like to take the opportunity to thank all those involved for making us feel so welcome.

Now that I have had a taste of Greek railways, I just can't wait to get more. I therefore wanted to ask if any special trains are planned in the near future (I have heard of the Bulgaria trip in May)?

While my main interest is the narrow gauge, I would be interested in any excursion on the Peleponnese lines, but I also like big U.S. diesels, especially if they make a lot of noise and smoke (something we don't get here in Switzerland, where everything is very clean and electrified).

As I am not very knowledgeable about the current OSE standard gauge museum fleet, could anyone please correct the following list:

NBL 2-8-0 Lb.964 - Drama;
Alco A.302 - Drama;
Alco A.325 - Agios Ioannis Rentis;
Alco A.326 - Thessaloniki;
Alsthom A.367 - Alexandroupolis;
Fiat railcar AA.32 - Alexandroupolis.

Are all of these presently serviceable?

Best regards, Thomas.

Hi Thomas.
Once upon a time Greek Railways were the best, with diesel hauled passenger trains everywere, in both lines. Now the passenger services are clean with box passenger cars!!
Haha :lol22:
To answer at your question.
Lb is at Drama.
A-367 is at Agios Ioannis debot in a bad condition due to an accident. I don't think that we will see her again :largecry:
Alco A-325 and A-326 are around Athenes in working contition and they are working some freight services!
A-302 at Thessaloniki suffering a mechanical problem and no one cares to fix this!
I can't remeber where A/A fiat is.....Perhaps at Drama or Alexandroupolis.
Ηλίας
No alsthom...No Party!

Άβαταρ μέλους
PanosN
Προϊστάμενος
Προϊστάμενος

Special Trains

Δημοσίευσηαπό PanosN » 17 Μαρ 2010, 23:08

A-367 is at Leyka workshop.
ante geiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....................

Άβαταρ μέλους
lopoditis
Συνοδός
Συνοδός
Επικοινωνία:

Special Trains

Δημοσίευσηαπό lopoditis » 17 Μαρ 2010, 23:11

A Fiat railcar is indeed at Alexandroupolis, as well as a Ferostaal railcar.
In vino veritas!

Άβαταρ μέλους
Marousi

Athenian Rolling Stock Project

Δημοσίευσηαπό Marousi » 22 Απρ 2013, 08:52

Kalimera from London, England.

I came to this forum because I am looking for technical drawings of the Athens Metro trains. What I plan to do is build models of the trains for the Trainz simulator 2012. I am also thinking of designing new liveries for them because they look quite old in my opinion.

I am looking for technical drawings of the following trains, as pictured by me from my trip to Athens last year:

Εικόνα
1st Generation Stock (Lines 2/3)

Εικόνα
8th Order Stock 113 (Line 1)

Additionally, technical drawings of:
- 11th order Stock (Bombardier)
- 2nd and 3rd Generation Stock (Rotem)

I am over 1,000 miles away from Athens hence how hard it is to get in touch with the Metro authorities, maybe you could assist me better.

Best regards, Marousi. :-)

Άβαταρ μέλους
nfotis
Σταθμάρχης
Σταθμάρχης

Re: Athenian Rolling Stock Project

Δημοσίευσηαπό nfotis » 23 Απρ 2013, 21:57

Welcome here!

I would suggest you look into the Trainz and other train simulator threads as well:
viewforum.php?f=14

I do not remember anything about plans of Athens Metro trains, but ask in these threads as well.

Cheers,
N.F.
High speed, high quality, low cost - select any two.

Up hill slow, down hill fast, tonnage first, safety last.

The optimist sees the light at the tunnel. Pessimist sees the darkness. Realist sees the train. Train driver sees three idiots on the track

Άβαταρ μέλους
denkoul
Συνοδός
Συνοδός
Επικοινωνία:

Re: Athenian Rolling Stock Project

Δημοσίευσηαπό denkoul » 13 Ιούλ 2013, 14:00

@Marousi. I am part of this forum, only because of Trainz. There are some other Trainzfans under trainz simulator section, so you can take part in these topics. There are some good reskinners and we want someone to help us with the modeling. What program do u use??? Do you have other Trainz plans??? It would be great to join us in Trainz section!!!
http://trainzgr.webs.com/ - freeware trainz content

Άβαταρ μέλους
Outsider
Συνοδός
Συνοδός

Re: Hellenic rolling stock

Δημοσίευσηαπό Outsider » 25 Ιουν 2017, 00:34

Btw, what happened to the ubiquitous narrow gauge Wickham draisines? Were they left behind on the sidings or transported for storage to Agios Ioannis Rentis (or what was the place?) together with larger rolling stock items?

Επιστροφή στο ευρετήριο

Επιστροφή σε “English Section”

Μέλη σε σύνδεση

Μέλη σε αυτήν τη Δ. Συζήτηση: Δεν υπάρχουν εγγεγραμμένα μέλη και 1 επισκέπτης

ypomnhma